Now, before you get carried away, I don’t mean to eat wildly.
Well, you can do that with the right kind of foods, but I don’t know what your current food inventory is, so I’m not going to recommend raiding the fridge without limitations …
What I mean by lashing out is … doing something different, wild and exciting.
Something unusual you’ve never done before, something you’ve always wanted to try.
I should add the usual legal disclaimer: I don’t want you to feel anything illegal (move to another state if you have to) and it shouldn’t be something that could hurt other people. But you are absolutely allowed to surprise them, make them raise their eyebrows or make that strange noise they make when they try to whistle as they inhale.
You also have my permission to make them laugh so hard that their coffee comes out of their noses (I always do) as long as they laugh with you, not at you.
And you definitely need to do something that, to you, seems at least slightly bold. Depending on your comfort level and innate nerve, it will vary, it could be:
* talk to the school principal (not recommended if you are actually in school)
* return defective goods to a store and insist on refund
* return satisfactory goods to a store and insist on refund
* telling the teen how adorable she is
* hugging the teen (not in public, you are trying to be bold, not cruel) telling the Harley guy that you would like to take a ride on his bike. Etobicokewildlife.ca
And what does this have to do with weight loss?
Most of the time we stay in our comfort zone. Especially with food and exercise. And doing something outside of the comfort zone will show you that you can be bold and survive.
I know this is an important lesson to learn because all my clients are hardworking and diligent people who will always test themselves for others. And they get tied up in MUST and OUGHT and SHOULD so they never have fun.
When eating becomes a to-do list, they stick to the rules for a while, but then rebel with the most caloric food known to mankind.
But by finding another way to make something wild, you won’t have to use food. You’re an adult now, YOU decide which rules to break and you may find that nobody cares much. It’s your rule book, not theirs. And the sky won’t fall if you break your own rules.
And you may find that you can break other rules: Eating good food is something you want to do once you don’t have to. Here are some tips to start living a wild life:
1. Write down all your duties, duties and duties.
2. Take a look at your list and decide which of these “rules” you will ignore.