Shopping for Self Storage
When comparing public self storage locations, ask the following questions so you get the best value:
Is the price quoted on a 4 week payment period (cycle), or monthly? If on a 4 week cycle, add 8.3 % to get the monthly equivalent.
- Is the site clean, secure, bright, and well lit?
- Does the site have climate control, including both heating and air conditioning? Does it have humidity control? Drastic temperature changes can ruin your furniture.
- Are there seasonal or prepayment discounts, and how do they affect your cost?
- Are there extra charges, such as the mandatory purchase of a lock, administrative fees, etc.?
- Is a security deposit required?
- Is there 24 hour access?
- Are moving carts/dollies available to facilitate your move?
- Is the staff knowledgeable, helpful and courteous?
- Are there individual unit alarms, for the best in security?
- Is there covered loading and unloading, for weather protected moving?
- And so on.
The best way to ensure that know what you are buying is to visit and see the self storage property. When you tour a storage property, notice how clean it is. Cleanliness is a good indicator of how much the owners of the property care about your valuables being in a safe and secure environment, and that you will be able to get them back in the same condition as they were when you dropped them off.
Another good indicator is the level of service that you get from the staff on site. Are they experienced and knowledgeable; are they willing to go the extra mile to make your storage experience as easy, pleasant, and convenient as possible.
At Istor, we want you to be totally comfortable with your choice of self storage.As a result, we would be more than pleased to answer these questions and any others you may have.
We are passionate about providing the best value and service you will ever get in self storage! Come in and have a free coffee and a tour of our facility.