Self-Storage Tips & Tricks
iStor Self Storage is an experienced self-storage provider. We offer a number of different storage unit sizes
and self-storage plans to make it easy, convenient, safe and affordable to store your belongings. Whether you are looking for temporary, short-term or long-term storage, we can help. Our Mississauga storage facility is specially equipped to make the entire storage unit rental process easier.
If you have any questions regarding our self-storage options, please contact us
for more information. One of our knowledgeable and experienced team members will be more than happy to help you out.
Moving your Items into a Self-Storage Facility
We have years of experience in the self-storage industry. Here are a few tips for anyone who is planning on moving items into a storage facility.
Prepare for your move
Before your move
- Ensure that you have insurance coverage for your belongings or contact iStor Self Storage. We can help arrange for the coverage you need.
- Check to see if your current insurance policy covers goods in storage. If not, insurance is available on a monthly basis from iStor.
- Organize a checklist related to your move. Include any activities that you’ll need to do before you move. This includes listing which items will need to go into storage.
- Reserve a storage unit at iStor Self Storage in advance to ensure availability.
Moving into your iStor Self Storage unit
- Remove batteries from cameras, flashlights, etc.
- Ensure that all appliances are clean and empty.
- Where possible, remove legs from furniture.
- Wrap fragile items.
- Line the interior of boxes containing delicate or more valuable items.
- If available, use original cartons for television sets, stereos, computers, etc.
- Use bubble wrap to fill empty spaces in boxes. iStor offers moving supplies to make the process easier.
- Keep the weight of individual boxes under 30 pounds (14 kilos).
- Pack boxes so that they are easy to stack.
- Label boxes and keep a list of the contents of each box.
- Empty lawnmowers of oil and gas and wrap in heavy plastic to prevent leakage or damage to your other items.
While in storage at iStor
- Organize the unit for easy access to things that you might need while they are in storage.
- Use the height of the unit to save floor space e.g. stand couches and stack boxes.
- Cover fine wood or fabric-covered furniture using bed sheets or plastic drop sheets to prevent damage.
- Notify iStor promptly of any change in your address, phone number or other contact information.
- Remember your storage unit payment date.
- Please advise iStor in advance when your storage unit is being vacated.
- If you have any questions, please contact iStor Self Storage or review your storage agreement.
- Please remember that storage of hazardous materials, flammable goods, explosives, animals, perishable goods or food products is strictly prohibited.